This is a simple chicken stir-fry and I don't feel like using a wok. Your basic East Asian ingredients and sauces. A dish that anyone can put together.Ingredients that you'll need:
500gm chicken thighs - - cut to 2 cm pieces
1 red capsicum - cut to 2 cm pieces
1/2 yellow onion - cut to 2 cm pieces
2 bird's eye chillies - sliced
4 garlic cloves - chopped
1 knob of ginger - sliced
1 stalk curry leaves
(There was broccoli stem in the video, I just happened to have some around)
Chicken marinade 1 tbsp soy sauce 1 tbsp Shaoxing wine 1 tbsp corn starch 1 tbsp sesame oil 1/2 teaspoon white pepper powder (or to taste) Sauces added into stirfry 2 tbsp soy sauce 2-3 tbsp oyster sauce 1 tbsp sesame oil 1 tbsp Shaoxing wine Optional suggestions Add 1 -2 tablespoons of dark soy sauce for some colour and sweetness
- Mix the cut chicken with all the marinade ingredients.
- leave in the fridge for at least an hour, up to overnight.
- When ready to start frying, take chicken out of the fridge.
- In a large frying pan or wok, heat some oil over medium high heat.
- When oil is hot, add chicken pieces into the pan.
- Cook for about 15 mins until almost cooked through and there is some browning on the chicken.
- Remove from the pan and set aside.
- Wipe the pan down
- In the same pan, add some oil and heat pan - Medium high heat.
- Fry garlic and curry leaves till fragrant - about 2-4 minutes
- Fry rest of the vegetables till lightly browned
- Chicken back in the pan and cook through
- At the end, add all the stir fry sauces.
- Mix well for another 1-2 minutes.
- Serve with steamed rice.
I am very obliged to you that you have shared this important information of Indian Takeaway Cranbourne with us. I got some different kind of knowledge from your webpage, and it is helpful for everyone. Thanks for sharing it once again.ReplyDelete