I always make this when I have a hankering for Singapore style Hainanese Chicken Rice.
Its like a shortcut so I don't have to go through the process of roasting or poaching a whole chicken. Especially when we cook for two most of the time. Also we prefer dark meat so we just by thighs from the local poultry shop for convenience.
The marinade gives the chicken thighs that extra savory hit that is just so good. It reminds me of the roasted variant of Hainanese Chicken Rice.
For the marinade (Good for about 6 thighs)
- 4-5 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp Shaoxing wine
- 3 tbsp Sesame oil
- 1 tbsp onion powder
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp ginger powder
- 1/2 tsp 5 spice powder
- 1/2 tsp white pepper powder
- 50-70 ml water
For the dressing/sauce (2 Servings)
- 1 tsp sugar
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- Mix the marinade ingredients in a large bowl:
- Mix chicken thighs with marinade and store in a container or zipper bag.
- Leave in the fridge to marinade or at least an hour, overnight if possible.
- When ready to cook, preheat oven to 190 C (fan forced)
- Cook chicken skin side up for about 25 mins. Cooking time may vary with size of meat and oven type.
- When cooked, remove chicken thighs from banking try and allow to rest while you make the dressing.
- Mix all ingredients well in a small bowl, making sure sugar is dissolved.
- Serve with chicken rice (Rice cooked with Chinese style chicken broth) or plain rice.
- Add on your preferred side greens.
- Drizzle the dressing on the chicken and greens.
Creator Jennifer Akre is a proprietor of a wide assortment of online forte shops remembering that offer the two things and data for how you can without much of a stretch outfit and enliven your space. Regardless of whether it is an indoor seat for your lounge or porch furniture for your recently renovated home, there are numerous tips you can use to make any spot both practical and lovely. Snap today and enjoy your faculties.ReplyDelete
Read more at:
Gel Floor Mats Review