|Stir-fry Noodles with Beef - Thai style|
Here's what you'll need for my version of Thai Beef Noodle Stir-fry.
250 grams sliced beef
2 teaspoons light soya sauce
2 teaspoons sesame oil
1 teaspoon cornflour
Generous dash of ground black pepper
1 tablespoon Thai fish sauce
1 tablespoon sugar
2 teaspoons sesame oil1 tablespoon light soya sauce
Juice from half a large lime (or 3-4 small ones)
The rest of the stuff:
180 grams Angel Hair Pasta (Cooked according to package instructions)
1 cup bean sprouts
1/2 yellow onion - sliced
2 chilli padi (bird's eye chilli) - sliced
5 stalks of Khoo Chye - Cut into finger length strips
6-8 garlic cloves - sliced
Ground black pepper
2 eggs - beaten
2 eggs - sunny side-up (optional)
1. Mix all ingredients for marinated beef in a bowl. Allow to marinade for at least 15-25 minutes.
2. Mix all ingredients for the stir-fry sauce in a small bowl and mix well.
3. Heat about 1-2 tablespoons of cooking oil in a large frying pan or wok over medium high heat. Add the beef and stir fry for about 1-2 minutes, just to get them browned. Remove from the wok and set aside.
4. Turn off the heat and wipe the wok down. Add about 2 of tablespoons of cooking oil to the wok. Turn on the heat to medium-high. When the oil is heated up, add in the onions and fry for about 1 minute. Then add in the garlic and chillies. Fry for another minute or so, till the garlic is slightly browned.
5. At this point, add in the bean sprouts and stir-fry for about 1-2 mintues, depending on how cooked you like your "tau geh" (bean sprouts)
6. Add in the noodles, beef, khoo chye(reserve some for garnish) and the sauce mix. (Spread the sauce out as much as you can over the noodles). Stir-fry for another minute or 2, mixing all the ingredients well.
7. Make a well in the middle of the mix, to expose some of the wok at the base, pour in the egg, and scramble for about 30 seconds, then mix everything together. Stir-fry about 1-2 minutes.
8. Turn off the heat and dish onto dinner plates. Garnish with khoo chye, lime wedge and coriander. Add a sunny side-up if you like.
I rather enjoyed this stir-fry, and will be experimenting with other ingredients for this.
Have a noodle stir-fry idea? Share it with us and leave a comment!
Delicious recipe!. This dish given here is very yummy because I taste this kind of this in a restaurant. I want to taste this again, I will ask my wife to cook this for me. Thank you for sharing this review.ReplyDelete
Stir Fry Sauce
Awesome. Hope you'll enjoy it!Delete