|Poached eggs on Shooms and Ham & Cheese|
Here is what I used to serve 2
4 slices of bread
4 slices of ham (I used honey baked, you can use your preferred type)
4 slices of cheese (Cheddar was used here)
4 poached eggs (poached eggs video by an instructor from CIA)
150 - 200 grams white button mushrooms - sliced
1/2 yellow onion, finely chopped
2 cloves garlic finely sliced
1/2 tablespoon butter
1/2 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves (or replace with your favorite herb)
Oil for frying
Salt and Pepper to taste
1. Pre-heat oven to 200 degrees Celsius.
2. In a frying pan, heat a small amount of cooking oil over medium heat. When oil is heated, add in onions and pan fry or 1 minute, then add the garlic and fry for one more minute.
3. Add in the mushrooms and pan fry, stirring occasionally until they turn soft and slightly browned. About another 5-7 minutes.
4. Add in butter and thyme leaves, mix well. Turn the heat off and season to taste.
5. Dish into a small bowl and set aside.
6. To prepare the ham and cheese toasts, place the 4 slices of bread on a baking tray. Place a slice of ham on each slice of bread and then cheese on the ham. Bake for about 3-4 minutes or until cheese is melty and slightly browned.
7. Remove the ham & cheese toasts from the oven. Spoon the mushroom over the toasts and top each one with a poached egg.
8. Garnish with Cayenne Pepper and serve.
Have fun! Let me know how yours went!