This is a great appetiser or side dish that you can prepare up to 2 days ahead. Tastes great served warm, and even better when left in the fridge for at least a day. Its an earthy dish with a sweet and sour tone, made fragrant with the fresh tarragon. Serve with crusty bread, its great as a vegetarian appetiser.
|Mushrooms with white wine vinaigrette and tarragon|
Very important note in preparing this dish is to get the mushrooms caramelised to a nice brown colour on the outside.
Ingredients to serve 4-6
400-500 grams white button mushrooms - kept whole
2-3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
3-4 sprigs of tarragon - leaves only
1 purple onion - sliced
Salt and ground black pepper to taste
cooking oil for frying
Extra Virgin Olive Oil for drizzling
1. In a large saute pan, heat some cooking oil over medium high heat. When oil just about starts to smoke, add in the mushrooms and saute for about 4-6 minutes. Until they release their moisture and start to brown. (Most of the browning will occur only after the moisture is released).
2. When the mushrooms are browned, add in the sliced onions and saute for another 2 minutes.
3. When onions soften and brown a little, add the vinegar and mix well. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
4. Drizzle a little Extra Virgin olive oil and add the tarragon leaves. Mix well. (This will help to form a vinaigrette that will allow the mushrooms to soak up flavour)
5. Serve immediately or chill and serve the next day.
This comment has been removed by the author.ReplyDelete
I am attracted by the presentation of this article. It is a genuinely a gainful article for us.high quality mushrooms online. Keep posting, Thank you.ReplyDelete