|Tiger Shrimp Tagliatelle|
Here's what you'll need to serve 2:
180 grams Tagliatelle
300-350 grams Tiger Prawns (I used king tiger prawns.) - shelled, keep the heads aside
2-3 rashers streaky bacon
150 grams asparagus - cut into 1 inch lengths, separate the tips from the rest.
2 cups chicken stock (you can use water if not available)
1/2 cup white wine
1 tablespoon unsalted butter
4 garlic cloves - sliced
1 sprig of thyme - leaves only
Parsley for garnish
1. Cook bacon in an oven heated to 190 degrees Celsius for about 15 minutes, until crispy. When bacon is done, cut into small pieces.
2. In a small pot or saucepan over medium heat, add a teaspoon of butter and the shrimp heads. Cook until the heads turn pink. About 5 mins or so. Add in the chicken stock. Allow to simmer and reduce by half. (about 15-20 minutes or so). When done, strain and set aside. Discard the shells/heads.
Note: You can use the time while simmering the stock to prep the asparagus and garlic.
3. Blanch the asparagus stems in boiling salted water for 1 min and set aside.
4. In a large saute/frying pan, heat some cooking oil over a medium heat. Add in the garlic and the shrimp. Fry for about 1 minute per side.
Note: Watch the heat, do not let your garlic burn. Adding a little more oil may help.
5. When shrimp is almost cooked, remove from pan and set aside. Leave the garlic behind. Add in the white wine and allow to simmer for about 1-2 minutes. When liquid is reduced by about half, add in the stock and reduce it by half again. Add in the butter and thyme leaves, stir gently. Allow to simmer for 30 seconds.
4. Add in the all the asparagus, pasta and shrimp. Mix well, frying for about 1 minute. Turn off heat. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
5. Dish onto dinner plates and garnish with bacon and chopped parsley.
Do you like your pasta with shrimp and wine? Leave a comment! =)
Post a Comment