Pad See Ew - Flat rice noodle stir fried with gai lan, bean sprouts, egg, garlic, soy sauce, fish sauce, kecap manis, oyster sauce. Used rendered pork fat as the cooking fat, Used a seared a scotch fillet as the main protein. Still fairly new at the whole video while cooking thingy. Love the flavour of this quintessential Thai street dish. Much like Char Kway Teow in SG.
Video here - https://youtu.be/oPD8RXSIAYk
What you will need to serve 2
2 tbs extra pork lard or vegetable oil
6 cloves garlic - chopped
200-300 grams beef sirloin that I pan seared till medium rare beforehand
3 eggs - beaten
200-300 grams flat rice noodles (Kway Teow or Cheong Fun)
2 tbsp soy sauce
1 bunch gai lan cut into 5cm lengths
50 grams bean sprouts (optional)
2 tbsp kecap manis
2 tbsp oyster sauce
2 tbsp crispy shallots
1. In a work or large skillet, heat the lard (or oil) on medium heat.
2. Once oil or lard is hot, add the garlic. Fry till fragrant (a hint of sulphur).
3. Turn up heat to high.
4. Add the eggs and scramble.
5. Once the eggs are almost cooked through add the noodles and stir fry.
6. Mix well and then add the soy sauce, beef and bean sprouts.
7. Add the kecap manis and oyster sauce.
8. Stir Fry and then add the gai lan and fry till the sauce caramelizes a little.
9. Turn off the heat and serve immediately.
10. Garnish with fried shallots and chillies if desired.
Post a Comment