I found some Ciabatta bread in the supermarket one day, thought I'd try a breakfast sandwich. It was rather satisfying and most importantly, a joy to eat.
|The Breakfast Ciabatta|
Here’s what you’ll need
for 4 sandwiches
For the spread:
4-5 tablespoons mayonnaise
2 cloves garlic - Finely minced or grated into a mince
1 stalk spring onion - finely chopped.
Salt and pepper to taste
The rest of the stuff:
4 Ciabatta Buns (Or you can get a whole loaf and cut it up)
4 eggs - Beaten
8 rashers of streaky
bacon - Cooked on a fry pan or in the oven till cripsy
4 sliced of cheddar cheese (halved, so that they fit better)
1 tomato – sliced
½ red onion, sliced
Handful of rocket
1. In a bowl, mix the mayonnaise, minced garlic and spring onion. Add salt and pepper to taste.
2. Cut the Ciabatta across lengthwise and lightly toast the Ciabatta in an oven or on a pan and set aside.
3. Heat a frying pan over medium low heat with some oil/butter. Scramble eggs in the pan. When eggs are one, dish eggs into a bowl/plate and aside.
4. Spread the mayo mix onto the cut sides of the buns.
5. Now for the assembly. For each sandwich, place in this order (I find it more stable in this order). 2 rashers of bacon, 1 halved cheese slices, couple spoonfuls of scramble egg, tomatoes, onion, rocket, and the other half of the bun.
Who needs Egg McMuffins anymore? Who am I kidding, I'll probably still grab a McMuffin every now and then.