|Pork Sausages with Mushroom Sauce|
Here's what you'll need:
(Creates about 4-5 patties)
400gm minced pork
1 yellow onion, finely diced
5-6 garlic cloves, finely diced
2 teaspoons paprika
1 tablespoon brown sugar
1 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
1 teaspoon dried chilli flakes
Salt and pepper
Oil for frying
1. Heat a about 1-2 tablespoons of oil in a frying pan under medium heat. When oil is heated, add in the finely diced onions. Fry for about 1 min.
2. Add in the finely diced garlic and chilli flakes fry for another 2 mins, stirring often mixing the everything well.
3. Add in the paprika and thyme leaves. (you an also add your fav herb, oregano etc..) mix well and fry until the mixture begins to release it aroma. (Another 2-4 mins)
4. Remove the mixture from the pan and set aside
5. Season the mince in a large mixing bowl with salt and pepper. Be generous with the pepper. About 1 teaspoon of salt should suffice.
6. Add in the fried onion and garlic mixture to the mince and mix well. Use your hands, get in there!
7. Using your hands, shape the meat into patties and place on a try or plate.
8. Heat a fry/saute pan with 1-2 tablespoons of oil, enough to thinly coat the base of the pan. When oil is heated up. Place patties in the pan and fry for about 3 minutes per side.
9. Plate and serve as a sandwich with your favorite condiments or you can use mushroom sauce like in the picture above.
Place it in an English muffin with egg and cheese, you'll never need McMuffins again...
Post a Comment