A method for garlicky egg fried rice that does not require a wok. A wok is almost always better for fried rice but if you don’t have one or not inclined to use one, this is a viable alternative.
The steps are also easy to follow and stress free.
What you will need:
- Heat some oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat
- Add the onions - Fry for about 3-4 mins - until they soften a little
- Add in the chopped garlic
- Fry for until browned, about 6-8 mins
- When onions and garlic are browned and fragrant - Remove from pan and set aside
- In the same pan - add the rice on a Medium high heat
- Allow the rice to fry and dry out a little in the pan
- After about a minute add the beaten eggs
- Mix well, coating the rice grains with egg
- Add the fried onions and garlic when eggs are almost cooked through
- Add about a tbsp of soy sauce
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Turn of the heat and mix in the spring onions