|Stir Fried Beans with Minced Pork|
1 pack of green beans - cut in to 2 inch lengths
70-100 grams of minced pork
1/3 cup of grated carrot strips (optional)
1 tablespoon of dried shrimp - chopped in small pieces
3 cloves of garlic - chopped
3 shallots - sliced
3-4 thin slices of Ginger
2 chilli padi / bird's eye chilli- sliced (optional)
1 teaspoon sesame oil
1 teaspoon sugar
1. Season the mince pork with sesame oil, 2 teaspoons soya sauce, 1 teaspoon sugar and white pepper. Mix well and set aside.
2. Blanch the beans in salted boiling water for 2 minutes. Remove and shock them in cold water. Drain and set aside.
3. Over medium high heat, in a wok or large saute pan heat some cooking oil. when oil is heated, stir fry the pork until there is some browning. Make sure you break up the mince into smaller bits as you fry. Remove from the wok/pan and set aside when done.
4. In the same work, add a little oil, fry the dried shrimp until crisp and add in the garlic, shallots, ginger, chilli and carrots(if using). Fry until the garlic and shallots just start to brown and release their fragrance. Then add the cooked pork and blanched beans and stir fyr for 1-2 mins more. Drizzle a little soya sauce to taste.
5. Dish onto serving plates and serve immediately.
Note: Well cooked beans means less crunch. There are those who find the tartness of raw veg rather unappealing. If you are one of these people, you can blanch the beans slightly longer, maybe up to 3-4 minutes.
Have your household way of cooking beans? Do share!
I tried this recipe and it tasted as good as in restaurant. I loved it.
Thanks for sharing good and easy recipe.
You are most welcome Mongju. If you tried other recipes, do let me know how they went. Always looking to make these recipes better. Glad you enjoyed it!Delete
Do you want to create some space in your kitchen? Then buy bread tray dollies. You can easily carry heavy things with this dolly which will save your time and energy too.ReplyDelete